There are some days when I feel like I haven’t even stopped to breathe. Life can be so crazy and stressful that at the end of it all, I think to myself- has anything good happened in awhile? I mean when is the last time you truly relaxed and forgot about all of the crazy stuff going on?
Well according to a new survey, it’s probably more than you think. Researchers found the average person has 432 moments of Pure Joy per year, which is about 8 per week. That actually sounds like a lot more than it feels like sometimes, but it’s true.
So when does all of this joy happen? Here are a few examples:
- Hanging out on the couch or in bed with your significant other.
- Being on vacation or on the way to your destination
- At a friend’s bbq, picnic or party
- When you’re outside walking your dog
- Meeting friends for drinks or to watch sports
- A movie night with the kids
- When shopping with a friend
- Singing along to the radio
Once I read this list I realized that I experience a lot more joy than I thought, I just need to slow down and recognize it! I also realized that by doing what I do for a living, I’m actually helping others feel pure joy, which then brings me more joy <3